Well, the time has come in my life when I own a minivan. I knew this day would come. Deep down in my heart, I always knew one of my car purchases would be a van.
You could say that I was in denial, and I would agree. Actually, I may have gone through the five stages of grief on this one:
- Denial: No, we don't need a van, we could get away with something more SPORTY!
- Anger: Car seats won't work in the back of an SUV...
- Bargaining: Well, maybe we can deal with a van now and get something different later.
- Depression: It's going to be a long time before the kids are old enough to handle a different vehicle.
- Acceptance: Oh, hey look, this van is actually pretty nice.
The best part? The first three letters on the randomly assigned license plate are WMN, so now this is officially the woman van. Sorry, you can't have my man card, I turned that in a long time ago.
In all seriousness though, the van is really nice, and we are excited about it. We just took one more step towards our bigger family.